Setting out on the chosen path of making man independent whatever be the handicap and instilling this vision in the minds of the students shall always be the true goal of the institute.
PADMASHREE INSTITUTE OF PHYSIOTHERAPY was started in 1996 with permission from the Government of Karnataka and Affiliation from Bangalore University. This was one of the first Physiotherapy institutes in Bangalore. The institute has good number of highly qualified and experienced staff to provide theory and practical training to the students in all subjects. The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. It is recognized by the Government of Karnataka and the Indian Association of Physiotherapist.
The college has successfully seen through twenty batches of graduates and eighteen batches of post graduate students since its inception.
At Padmashree, subjects are being taught with a shared stress on theory and practical based on the philosophy that what the mind does not know, the eyes don’t see, the ears don’t hear, the fingers don’t feel, and the nose doesn’t smell. Our students are provided with hands on working atmosphere for which all the necessary clinical materials and facilities are made available.
Physiotherapy is an evolving profession worldwide which work for the benefit and rehabilitation of the differently able individuals. Physiotherapy means physio therapeutic system of medicine which includes examination, treatment, advice and instructions to any person preparatory to or for the purpose of or in connection with movement dysfunction, body malfunction, physical disorder, disability, healing and pain from trauma and disease, physical and mental conditions using physical agents including exercise, mobilization, manipulation, mechanical and electrotherapy, activity and devices or diagnosis, treatment and prevention. It is a health care profession which enables an individual to do what he needs to do and wants to do. Physiotherapy addresses the physical, cognitive, psycho social, sensory, and other aspects of performance in a variety of environment to support engagement in everyday life activities that affect health, well being, and quality of life.
- Assessing the patient.
- Planning and implementing the program after assessment.
- Altering and continuing management program after re-assessment.
- Assessment of clients with actual or potential impairments, pain, functional limitations, disabilities or other health-related conditions using detailed history-taking, as well as specific tests and measures for screening, establishing a diagnosis and monitoring.
- Diagnosis resulting from assessment findings and clinical reasoning to determine abilities, functional needs and potential for change.
- Planning an intervention strategy that addresses the prognosis and follow-up and incorporates the application of selected approaches and techniques supported by the best evidence available.
- Implementing selected interventions safely to relieve pain; achieve and maintain.
- Health and fitness, functional independence and physical performance and manage the identified impairments, disabilities and limits to participation.
- Evaluation of health status as a baseline for monitoring or to determine the result, impact, or effectiveness of physiotherapy intervention.
- Education of the profession, other health professionals, the public and clients with the intention of transferring knowledge and skills and developing understanding, independence and competence.
- Consultation that provides professional advice and solutions addressing a wide range of health service and health status issues.
- Research that encompasses the application of critical inquiry, as well as participation in or assessment of findings from research activities.
- Service management related to planning, directing, organizing and monitoring service delivery and effective utilization of resources.
- Communication with clients, team members and others to achieve collaboration and service coordination.
Objectives of Physiotheraphy
Physiotherapy is a health profession that deals with management of body dysfunction or disorder by physical modalities. The aims of physio-therapeutic system are to promote optimum human health and function through the application of medical health sciences and clinical sciences. Physiotherapy is a first contact, autonomous, client-focused health profession which dedicated to following.
- Improving and maintaining functional independence and physical performance.
- Preventing and managing pain, physical impairments, disabilities and limits to participation.
- Promoting fitness, health and wellness.